E75 and Calendar Sync
I have a convoluted synchronization setup.
- I use Thunderbird as my primary mail client.
- Lightning is my calendar application and is configured to synchronize with Yahoo! Calendar.
- I also have iCal synchronized with Yahoo! Calendar.
- Finally using Nokia's iSync plugin, I synchronize my calendar to my Nokia E75 phone.
- Also at times, I synchronize my phone with Ovi.com and with Nokia Ovi PC suite.
A few weeks back when I was upgrading the phone firmware, the calendar synchronization broke. I got this error message.
[Y man] There was an error getting data from the phone. The synchronization may have been canceled on the phone.
Device “Y man” synchronization failed.
This seems to be a common problem but nobody seems to have found a working solution. I tried to locate the calendar database on the phone to see if deleting it would help. But could not locate the same. Was contemplating a hard reset and restore from backup when I accidentally discovered a working solution.
Calander -> Select Any date -> Options -> Delete -> Before Date. This cleans up the calendar. A synchronization after this worked. Now you know what do when your calendar sync screws up.
I'd love to go out with you, but I'm converting my calendar watch from Julian to Gregorian.
Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: E75 and Calendar Sync.
TrackBack URL for this entry: